Thursday, September 13, 2007

ghazal ("a few words")


Every day   I'll write a few words
come what may   I'll write a few words

like the sea   embracing the shore
while I sway   I'll write a few words

hasty cars   compete for Point B
from Point A   I'll write a few words

in dim morn   or deep in the night
half in play   I'll write a few words

when the heart   is broken to bits
to allay   I'll write a few words

where soul's joy   soars high in the sky
some will pray   I'll write a few words

where's the bird   not given to song?
dour or gay   I'll write a few words

every bug   must file its report!
through my stay   I'll write a few words

where the twilight   hovers on dusk
in my way   I'll write a few words

when bright hope   recedes into gloom
in dismay   I'll write a few words

inspiration   joins those who show
perspiration!   write a few words

Raphael   your verse is banal?
that's okay!   go write a few words

No comments: