Sunday, October 14, 2007

ghazal


I'm just a croaking frog   and nothing more
a wisp of urban smog   and nothing more

the flow of language moves through veins & breathings
I'm here to clear the clog   and nothing more

do warblers ever tire of crazy singing?
I'm barking like a dog   and nothing more

each moment brings another wave of music
my life's an open blog   and nothing more

what was the point of name & fame & glamor?
suave falling from a log   and nothing more

some feel the universe   a dream of Kafka's
some say   he lived in Prague and nothing more

should I awake from Maya's dark deception
I'll mutter "guten tag"   and nothing more

religion gets diluted through convention
is Christmastide eggnog   and nothing more?

the wheel of time's too vast for comprehension
I'm living as a cog   and nothing more

don't bid farewell   if Raphael should exit
he's going for a jog   and nothing more

No comments: