Monday, July 16, 2012

"Ocean of mercy" [villanelle]


What if guesswork's my main work O friend?
I amass all the wealth of speculation!
may the ocean of mercy descend!

all that owns a beginning meets end
in the meanwhile there's much reincarnation
what if guesswork's my main work O friend?

is all I do commit fresh errors and amend?
I must've garnered a mottled reputation
may the ocean of mercy descend!

there be dragons & dreams 'round the bend
travel spurs a sentimental education
wherein guesswork's the main work O friend

if what is   is unseen   how's it kenned?
when what ain't   seems plain evident   oration
thunders "Ocean of Mercy! descend!"

Raphael!   what's this drivel you've penned?
you've come late   into the room of elation
what if guesswork's your main work O friend?
may the ocean of mercy descend!

No comments: