Saturday, February 28, 2009

ghazal: "photography was invented"


Photography   was invented   so I could see you
white temple walls   were cemented   so I could see you

life guards jealously   possibility's calculation
catastrophe   was prevented   so I could see you

the varnish of our conversation   thickened with time
the river's ink   flowed undaunted   so I could see you

who requires a million words?   where is one true line?
the mind became   single-pointed   so I could see you

in pondering you   one sifts through   myriad notions
the ocean's trove   was recounted   so I could see you

the universe proved episodic   likewise our Earth
some brilliant   batter bunted   so I could see you

growing weary of games   sleep's curtain again descends
awakening   light ascended   so I could see you

one thought to paint miles of canvas   and astonish?
two feet unrolled   O road dented   so I could see you

is sophisticated utterance   time's pleasantry?
the chai-wallah   tersely grunted   so I could see you

should Raphael petition your darshan   might his prayer
be suddenly   simply granted   so I could see you?

No comments: